How to Cover the Conference Using Twitter #chlaabsc11
by Activities and ... on Wed, 05/04/2011 - 11:24
New to Twitter? Follow this step by step tutorial to help get you started.
If you are planning to Tweet at the conference please fill in this webform.
Five Helpful Hints for Tweeters!
- Use the hash tag. Every conference has a hash tag and it is the key to making your valuable insights findable. Our hash tag for the conference is #chlaabsc11. (Note: it is NOT chlaabsc2011)
- Bring your laptop. Of course you can Tweet from your iPhone or smart phone but it is easier to type and follow the conversation on desktop applications like Tweetdeck.
- Now is the time to start making your connections. Start setting up meet ups or get conversations going about the conference program and activities so you’ll have a plan of action when you come.
- Share the best (avoid the rest). Speakers may only make 3 to 4 really good points or key messages in their presentation. Put that out in a tweet and pass it along!
- You don’t need to tweet the name and title of each presenter in each message. You only have 140 characters, make them count. At the start of the session, send out a tweet saying where you are and who’s presenting. After that you can just include the #chlaabsc11 hashtag and people will assume that speaker has made that statement.