CHLA/ABSC Canadian Hospital Librarian of the Year Award
The CHLA/ABSC Canadian Hospital Librarian of the Year Award recognizes the contribution of an individual hospital librarian to the advancement of health care and health librarianship in Canada. The award is offered annually and will be presented at the annual conference. This award was created in 1993 by the CHLA/ABSC Board to recognize the valuable contribution of hospital librarians to healthcare.
Eligibility and Nomination Criteria
- Candidates must be currently registered as an individual member of the Association.
- Candidates must work in a hospital library.
- Over a minimum period of the past year candidates must have:
- made a significant contribution to the practice of hospital librarianship in Canada (e.g., as demonstrated by excellence and achievement in advocacy, leadership, publications, presentations,teaching, research, technology, administration, special projects or any combination of these areas),or
- provided superior library service that has contributed significantly to health care and/or has
- improved recognition of the importance of hospital librarianship in the provision of health care.
- Nominations must provide specific examples of contributions of the nominee to hospital librarianship or health care. Nominations will normally be made by a chapter, or similar group, rather than by an individual. A curriculum vitae should be included.
Nominations must be received by February 1st each year, and submitted to the CHLA/ABSC Past President and copied to the President.
- 2012: Sophie Regalado, St. Joseph's Care Group, Thunder Bay, ON
- 2011: Yongtao Lin, Tom Baker Cancer Knowledge Centre, Calgary, AB
- 2010: Margaret Sampson, Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, ON
- 2009: Jean Maragno, St. Joseph's Healthcare, Hamilton, ON
- 2007: Dean Giustini, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- 2006: Susan Powelson, Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region, Regina, SK
- 2003: Elizabeth Uleryk, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
- 2002: Nancy McAllister
- 1997: Carol Morrison
- 1996: Charlotte Beck
- 1994: Judy Inglis
- By Tim Tripp at Feb 15 2008 - 4:38pm